How to Import data in wp? Importing Data in WordPress blog is sometimes require when you have some other blog such as Tumblr, LiveJournal, Blogger, WordPress and you want to import your post and pages from there to your new or old WordPress Blog. It is not feasible to write everything from the beginning because time is precious.
WordPress Provides a simple import functionality which can be used to import data in WordPress from various blog resources. In this tutorial you will learn import data in WordPress.
How to Import Data from WordPress to WordPress
- If you are running import data the first time then WordPress will ask you to install the WordPress Importer plugin
- Export your existing WordPress Blog and download the XML file
- Click Upload file and Import
Select the user name for which these new posts will be added.
Import Tumblr Data in WordPress
if you want to import Tumblr Data in WordPress then you need to create the app by visiting https://www.tumblr.com/oauth/apps url which will show you below screen fill the required details such as Application website and Call back with your website name
Write your OAuth Consumer Key and secret key
Enter your Outh key and secret key on below screen after clicking Tools->Import
Click on Authorize the application button which will authorize your blog with Tumblr
You need to authorize your app and click finish to start the import
Importing Data From Blogger to WordPress
- If you want to import data from blogger to Wp then you need to first install blogger installer plugin from wordpress.org. Using this blogger importer plugin you can import categories, posts, draft posts, comments, and pages.
- After installing the blogger installer plugin you need to authorize you blog with Google services as shown below
It will show you all your blogs with import links as shown in below screenshot which will allow you to import your blogger post, comment, etc.
All Blogger Data will be imported to your WordPress blog successfully.
That is all about Import Data in WordPress. I hope that you now understand how you can benefit from importing data in WordPress functionality if you are planning to increase the number of posts in your WordPress Blog without writing new one. You can read detail import options from WordPress Documentation Importing Content.
if you like this post please share this on various social media channels.
If you Want WordPress Related help then connect Our team